- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 pounds zucchini, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup half-and-half cream or milk
- In a large saucepan, saute onion, celery, garlic and green pepper in oil until tender. Add zucchini, tomatoes, broth, basil and thyme; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir in cream; heat through. Serve hot or cold. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Zucchini Soup
"I have made this recipe several times. My family enjoys it very much."
"This was great and surprisingly filling. I blended the ingredients with the hand blender and it made it sort of like a veggie chowder. We had this and a slice of italian bread for lunch. Lasted me until dinner. Thanks for the recipe."
"A little too bland for my taste. It was easy to make and a nice presentation; but, for my family, it just lacked flavor. I will probably look for a similar zucchini soup recipe that has a little more substance and zip to it - just my personal preference."
"This is an awesome soup...My kids loved it. We will definately make it again."
"This soup was just wonderful! Even my 5 and 7 year old daughters gobbled it up. A fantastic way to get them to eat their veggies! I will certainly make this soup again."