Tomato Zucchini Saute
Add a burst of color and garden-fresh flavor to the plate with this tasty side. “I usually serve this in a bowl with a spoon because the vegetables produce their own wonderfully nutritious and tasty broth-no one will want to leave it behind!” Claudia Ruiss - Massapequa, New York
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute the zucchini, squash and onion in oil for 5
- minutes. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until
- vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 52 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 306 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.