Tomato Zucchini Platter Recipe
If making this pretty vegetable salad for a potluck, make sure you use a platter with raised sides to prevent it from spilling when transporting it.—Charlotte Bryont, Greensburg, Kentucky
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pitted ripe olives
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and zucchini in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. Arrange zucchini and tomatoes in alternating circles on a serving platter.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, mustard, oregano and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over zucchini and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Place olives in center of vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals (calculated without ripe olives) 146 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC