Tomato Zucchini Platter Recipe
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pitted ripe olives
- 1. Place 1 in. of water and zucchini in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. Arrange zucchini and tomatoes in alternating circles on a serving platter.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, mustard, oregano and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over zucchini and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Place olives in center of vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 146 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Tomato Zucchini Platter
"Wonder how this would be with cucumbers instead of zucchini?"