If making this pretty vegetable salad for a potluck, make sure you use a platter with raised sides to prevent it from spilling when transporting it.—Charlotte Bryont, Greensburg, Kentucky
Recommended: 25 Make-Ahead Appetizer Recipes
- 4 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Pitted ripe olives
- Place 1 in. of water and zucchini in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and pat dry. Arrange zucchini and tomatoes in alternating circles on a serving platter.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, salt, mustard, oregano and pepper; shake well. Drizzle over zucchini and tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Place olives in center of vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Zucchini Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p206
Reviews for Tomato Zucchini Platter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 19, 2009
"Wonder how this would be with cucumbers instead of zucchini?"