Tomato Zucchini Pizza Recipe
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 2/3 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 medium fresh tomatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1. Press excess liquid from zucchini and place in a bowl. Add the egg substitute, flour, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon basil and seasoning blend; mix well. Spread in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle zucchini crust with green onions, olives, green pepper, cheese, and remaining oregano and basil. Cover with tomato slices.
- 3. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 198 calories, 9g fat (0g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 16g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Tomato Zucchini Pizza
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.