Tomato/Zucchini Pasta Supper
The hearty, full taste of fresh ingredients makes this dish as delicious as any you'll find in a fancy restaurant. My family loves it!
2-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cups cubed peeled fresh tomatoes
- 4 small zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound linguine or spaghetti, cooked and drained
- In a large skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add
- tomatoes and zucchini; saute until tender. Add basil, salt and
- pepper. Serve over hot pasta. Yield: 2-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 333 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.