Tomato Zucchini Casserole Recipe
This recipe is always a hit. In fact, I usually have to double it, and still there are no leftovers. The crumb topping is flavored with bits of onion.—Alison Relkov, Cochrane, Alberta
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute zucchini in 1 tablespoon of butter until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes; drain. Arrange the zucchini in a greased 8-in. square baking dish; sprinkle with half of the cheese mixture. Top with tomatoes and remaining cheese mixture.
- 2. In a saucepan, saute onion in remaining butter until tender; add bread crumbs and toss to combine. Sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 213 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 496 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Zucchini Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC