Tomato Walnut Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in butter over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Transfer fish to a broiler pan or baking sheet; top with tomato.
- Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over the tops.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato Walnut Tilapia(9)
Sort By :
This is a very tasty recipe and I will certainly make it again.
Yes, this is good. I left out the salt, it truly doesn't need it if you are using breadcrumbs, and the lemon juice adds that "just right" flavor. I didn't salt our fish fillets and the flavor didn't suffer. Also I used a non-stick skillet used to cook the fish in the first cooking stage and reduced the amount of butter from a Tablespoon to a 1/2 teaspoon. Then I transferred it to a broiler-style pan to finish the oven work.
Delicious, even better with halibut instead of tilapia.
Very good! I took some other suggestions and baked it in the oven. Also added a small amount of parmesan cheese to the topping.
This was very good. I baked it in the oven with everything on it and it turned out very good. I love the crunch the walnuts give it.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >