Tomato Walnut Tilapia Recipe
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in butter over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- 2. Transfer fish to a broiler pan or baking sheet; top with tomato.
- 3. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over the tops.
- 4. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 205 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.