Tomato, bread crumbs and crunchy walnuts dress up tilapia fillets in this favorite recipe. I serve it with cooked julienne carrots and green beans. —Phyl Broich-Wessling, Garner, Iowa
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Sprinkle fillets with salt and pepper. In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fillets in butter over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.
- Transfer fish to a broiler pan or baking sheet; top with tomato.
- Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over the tops.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Walnut Tilapia in Light & Tasty April/May 2007, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato Walnut Tilapia
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review