Tomato-Walnut Pesto Spread Recipe
- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Line a 4-cup mold with plastic wrap; coat with cooking spray. Place tomatoes in bottom of mold; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sour cream and butter until blended. In another bowl, combine walnuts and pesto. Spread cheese mixture over tomatoes in prepared mold; top with walnut mixture.
- 3. Bring edges of plastic wrap together over pesto; press down gently to seal. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Open plastic wrap; invert mold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 129 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.