Tomato-Walnut Pesto Spread
Whenever I bring this popular spread to parties, I know I'm going to get recipe requests. The red, green and white layers make it especially festive for Christmastime.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 4-cup mold with plastic wrap; coat with cooking spray. Place
- tomatoes in bottom of mold; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sour cream and butter until
- blended. In another bowl, combine walnuts and pesto. Spread cheese
- mixture over tomatoes in prepared mold; top with walnut mixture.
- Bring edges of plastic wrap together over pesto; press down gently to
- seal. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Open plastic
- wrap; invert mold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield:
- 2-1/3 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers) equals 129 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 137 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.