Whenever I bring this popular spread to parties, I know I'm going to get recipe requests. The red, green and white layers make it especially festive for Christmastime.
- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 4-cup mold with plastic wrap; coat with cooking spray. Place tomatoes in bottom of mold; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sour cream and butter until blended. In another bowl, combine walnuts and pesto. Spread cheese mixture over tomatoes in prepared mold; top with walnut mixture.
- Bring edges of plastic wrap together over pesto; press down gently to seal. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Open plastic wrap; invert mold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Originally published as Tomato-Walnut Pesto Spread in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p26
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Walnut Pesto Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review