- 3 tablespoons chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, patted dry
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- Assorted crackers
- Line a 4-cup mold with plastic wrap; coat with cooking spray. Place tomatoes in bottom of mold; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cheeses, sour cream and butter until blended. In another bowl, combine walnuts and pesto. Spread cheese mixture over tomatoes in prepared mold; top with walnut mixture.
- Bring edges of plastic wrap together over pesto; press down gently to seal. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm. Open plastic wrap; invert mold onto a serving plate. Serve with crackers. Yield: 2-1/3 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Walnut Pesto Spread
Sort By :
This was excellent and I got so manycomplements on this appetizer. I chopped the sundried tomatoes in a smalll food processor which made it more spreadable. I have made this recipe twice already. Once in a 3-cup mold and one in a 4-cup. Both were great!
I have been making this recipe for many many years... it is always a big hit for guests at christmas