Our Test Kitchen uses sun-dried tomatoes to make this tangy alternative to traditional pesto. Walnuts lend an appealing nutty flavor to this stand-out dish.
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- Place the basil, Parmesan cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the tomatoes with liquid, broth, walnuts, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drain linguine; toss with pesto. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Walnut Pesto on Linguine in Healthy Cooking April/May 2008, p50
Reviews for Tomato-Walnut Pesto on Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review