- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 2 cups loosely packed basil leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the tomatoes in a small bowl; add boiling water. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions.
- Place the basil, Parmesan cheese and garlic in a food processor; cover and pulse until chopped. Add the tomatoes with liquid, broth, walnuts, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream.
- Drain linguine; toss with pesto. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Tomato-Walnut Pesto on Linguine
Sort By :
"OH MY!!! I cannot wait to try this!!My Basil told me to try something different, and this is it!! (lol)Sorry, but I'm going to dump the walnuts and go for some other nut or totally without...Because - "Sometimes you feel like a nut,Sometimes you don't!""Never Fry Bacon in the Nude""
"Different and tasty. We liked the color and walnuts added great flavor. The chicken broth is a super low calorie replacement for straight olive oil. This recipe is a keeper!"
"I have made this several times after finding the recipe on-line last year while looking for a way to use my homegrown basil. Everyone in the family loves it, even the young grandchildren."
"Fantastic! This is a really outstanding dish."
"We thought that this was a good recipe, yet very different with the tomato base to the pesto. Our 9 year old even wanted more."