Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe, and I've used it often. It's a nice change of pace from your basic lettuce and tomato salad.
- 12 thick tomato slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- Minced green onions
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Arrange tomato slices in an 8-in. square dish; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- 2. To serve, place each lettuce leaf on an individual plate and top with two tomato slices. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with onions and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 174 calories, 18 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC