Tomato Vinaigrette Recipe
- 12 thick tomato slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- Minced green onions
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. Arrange tomato slices in an 8-in. square dish; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- 2. To serve, place each lettuce leaf on an individual plate and top with two tomato slices. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with onions and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 174 calories, 18g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 197mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 3 fat
Reviews for Tomato Vinaigrette
"Delicious! I used this dressing on a green bean, cauliflower, and red onion salad. I halved the recipe and still have enough left to use on another salad. Will definitely make this again."