Tomato Vinaigrette Salad Recipe
- 10 cups torn romaine
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. In a serving bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, artichoke, olives, onion and cheese.
- 2. In a blender, combine the tomato, vinegars, honey, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cups salad with 4 teaspoons dressing equals 145 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch.