My mother-in-law gave me this recipe, and I've used it often. It's a nice change of pace from your basic lettuce and tomato salad.
- 12 thick tomato slices
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon snipped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 6 large lettuce leaves
- Minced green onions
- Minced fresh parsley
- Arrange tomato slices in an 8-in. square dish; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and mustard. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours.
- To serve, place each lettuce leaf on an individual plate and top with two tomato slices. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with onions and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Vinaigrette in Country Extra September 1993, p47
Reviews for Tomato Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 30, 2015
"Delicious! I used this dressing on a green bean, cauliflower, and red onion salad. I halved the recipe and still have enough left to use on another salad. Will definitely make this again."