- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Tortellini Soup(79)
Sort By :
One of my favorites. I added extra tortellini otherwise no changes
Loved this. My husband won't eat canned tomato soup.. Till now. I also used fresh basil. Delish!
FollI used Trader Joe's vegetable broth which gave it a weird flavor I think. So next time I'd use chicken broth. I skipped tomatoes & used 1/4 cup half and half with nearly 8 oz. cream, & added 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt. Also used Campbell's 100% natural tomato with basil soup. No corn syrup for us! Followed my own recommendations, adding 3 links browned turkey Italian sausage, cut into small pieces. Excellent became outrageously terrific!
The flavor was good, but it was way too thin for our liking. I do think doubling the tortellini as other reviewers said would help, but I won't be making it again.
Great the way it is. No changes recommended.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Soup >
- Italian Soups >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Soup Recipes >
- Sun Dried Tomato Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >