- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Tortellini Soup
"The flavors are amazing for such a simple easy recipe. My family loved it! I will definitely b making this again."
"This was very good. I used a dried cheese tortellini, which worked out fine. I also added a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste which really enhanced the tomato flavor. Garlic bread on the side was a great addition. Will be making this often!"
"I have made this soup numerous times now, though cut back the amounts as there is just me. Another ingredient you may want to try to change it up a lot but tastes wonderful, is to add drained and rinsed canned crabmeat. It is really great."
"I served it with warm, cheesy garlic bread and it was amazing on a fall day."
"My husband absolutely loves this soup! I love it, too. Making it made the kitchen smell amazing! It was so easy to make. We love tomato soup and this was an improved spin on the basic. This soup is a meal. I served it with crescent rolls. The Bomb!"
"Absolutely amazing! I love sun-dried tomatoes and they make this soup perfect!"
"This soup is excellent. Love the flavors. Followed directions and didn't change anything. Wonderful as is. Many friends have asked for this recipe."
"So good and easy!"
"I see where a few of the raters were coming from...love the concept of this easy soup, but the "wow" factory wasn't there for us. We followed the directions. In the end, kids didn't care for it and husband had less than half a bowl. Wouldn't make again."
"My sister and cousin get together every Wednesday and this was tonight's meal. It was super yummy. I didn't have all the spices so I just used what I had I also didn't have milk so I used double the cream. All the additions recommended I can see the benefit! Wonderful recipe I would make again."