- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook tortellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine the soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently. Drain tortellini; carefully add to soup. Stir in cheese. Sprinkle each serving with additional cheese if desired. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Tortellini Soup
Sort By :
My Husband loves this recipe
I added Italian seasoning and more garlic and onion for flavor. Soup was pretty bland without them and I also used ent ire tortellini pkg and two large cans of chicken
One of my favorites. I added extra tortellini otherwise no changes
Loved this. My husband won't eat canned tomato soup.. Till now. I also used fresh basil. Delish!
FollI used Trader Joe's vegetable broth which gave it a weird flavor I think. So next time I'd use chicken broth. I skipped tomatoes & used 1/4 cup half and half with nearly 8 oz. cream, & added 1/2 tsp. seasoned salt. Also used Campbell's 100% natural tomato with basil soup. No corn syrup for us! Followed my own recommendations, adding 3 links browned turkey Italian sausage, cut into small pieces. Excellent became outrageously terrific!