This dish is so simple to prepare, you won't believe it. My family adores it. You can substitute flounder if you wish, but we prefer the delicate taste of sole.
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sole or catfish fillet (about 5 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Transfer to a
- greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place fillet over onions. Sprinkle with
- salt and pepper. Top with tomato slices. Combine butter and garlic
- powder; pour over tomato. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 492 calories, 38 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 880 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.