- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sole or catfish fillet (about 5 ounces)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 plum tomato, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Place fillet over onions. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with tomato slices. Combine butter and garlic powder; pour over tomato. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 14-18 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 1 serving.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Sole
"I had no fresh tomatoes so I used a can of stewed tomatoes with the juice. I used 1/4 of the butter and a squirt of lemon juice. I made the recipe for 4. It was enjoyed by all and looked pretty on the plate."
"I have a hard time finding receipes for fresh fish. My husband had been ice fishing and I decided to try this recipe using the pan fish he had gotten. It was excellent and very easy to make. Will recommend to any one to use with what ever fish they have on hand."