Tomato-Topped Italian Pork Chops Recipe
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Saute onion and carrot in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, vinaigrette and oregano; pour over chops.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.