- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Saute onion and carrot in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, vinaigrette and oregano; pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Italian Pork Chops
Sort By :
"I give this rating based on overall and as it is written. As far as being easy and no-fuss, I'd give it a 5. Tastes very good, but not excellent, but will definitely keep this recipe because of the ease. First time I made it, cooking it for 7 hours was way too long. Why does the recipe call for BONE-IN meat?? We served it over rice and we had to chew very slowly, finding all sorts of pieces of bones! I decided the recipe was a good base so the second time I made it, I used thin, boneless chops. They were cooked in 5 hours. I also add a little salt and pepper. You could easily add some garlic, Italian seasoning."
"We absolutely love this. The only thing I do sometimes is add a little moe balasamic vinegar to give a little more of its flavor. This is one of our most vavorites! Plus very easy."
"This recipe is easy to make with very good taste. We added celery, salt and pepper and served it over mashed potatoes. We'll make this again."
"These were not very well liked in my house. I didn't NOT like them, but I probably won't make it again."
"I made these last night and they were delicious! I did make a few changes. I used regular bone in chops (because that's what I had on hand), I used balsamic vinegar (didn't have vinaigrette), added a tsp of salt and ground pepper to taste. Next time, I will add 1/4 c of diced celery. I also suggest adding the carrots about an hour before the chops are done so they don't turn too soft. I prefer mine with a little more texture. It is a great dish and goes very well over rice."