Get out the slow cooker: You’re only seven ingredients away from a saucy, delicious meal. —Krystie Chasse, Radium Hot Springs, British Columbia
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Saute onion and carrot in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, vinaigrette and oregano; pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Topped Italian Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking April/May 2012, p55
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Italian Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review