- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil in batches. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Saute onion and carrot in drippings until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, vinaigrette and oregano; pour over chops.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Italian Pork Chops
Sort By :
These were not very well liked in my house. I didn't NOT like them, but I probably won't make it again.
I made these last night and they were delicious! I did make a few changes. I used regular bone in chops (because that's what I had on hand), I used balsamic vinegar (didn't have vinaigrette), added a tsp of salt and ground pepper to taste. Next time, I will add 1/4 c of diced celery. I also suggest adding the carrots about an hour before the chops are done so they don't turn too soft. I prefer mine with a little more texture. It is a great dish and goes very well over rice.
This recipe was so good and looked so appetizing, my husband served it as a special in our restaurant and it was a hit!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >