Fresh tomato slices and a buttery topping jazz up plain fish fillets in this easy oven entree from Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin. The tempting treatment helps keep the cod moist and flavorful.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets
- Pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the water and lemon juice. Add fish; soak for 5
- minutes. Drain and place fish in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish
- coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper. Layer with onion,
- tomatoes and green pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes
- easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 158 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 391 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,