Fresh tomato slices and a buttery topping jazz up plain fish fillets in this easy oven entree from Kathleen Taugher of East Troy, Wisconsin. The tempting treatment helps keep the cod moist and flavorful.
Featured In: Favorite Mediterranean Recipes
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds cod fillets
- Pepper to taste
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the water and lemon juice. Add fish; soak for 5 minutes. Drain and place fish in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with pepper. Layer with onion, tomatoes and green pepper. Combine the remaining ingredients; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Topped Cod in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p39
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Cod
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review