Tomato-Topped Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place chicken in a shallow bowl; pour 1/4 cup dressing over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a shallow baking dish; discard marinade. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Top each chicken breast with tomato slices, crumbs, basil and cheese. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°, Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.