Tomato slices and basil give garden-fresh flavor to this moist, tender chicken from Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington. "I keep a resealable bag of individually frozen chicken breasts in my freezer, so it's easy to take out just two for this recipe," she notes.
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken in a shallow bowl; pour 1/4 cup dressing over chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Transfer chicken to a shallow baking dish; discard marinade. Drizzle
- with remaining dressing. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with tomato slices, crumbs, basil and
- cheese. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°, Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 173 calories, 3 g fat (0 saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 790 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or