Tomato-Topped Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 slices tomato, 1/4 inch thick
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place chicken in a shallow bowl; pour 1/4 cup dressing over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 2. Transfer chicken to a shallow baking dish; discard marinade. Drizzle with remaining dressing. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Top each chicken breast with tomato slices, crumbs, basil and cheese. Cover and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reaches 170°, Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 173 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 790mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Tomato-Topped Chicken
"The only other thing I'd add is to make sure the chicken breasts are close to the same size. It was very tasty!"
"It was juicy and delicious!"
"looks fancy but super easy!"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.