Tomato Tart with Three Cheeses
This quick and easy recipe will delight any pizza lovers in your home. You will be surprised at how fast it comes together.Taste of Home Cooking School, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in.
- square; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick with
- a fork.
- Combine the mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese and basil; sprinkle
- over the pastry to within 1 in. of edges. Arrange the tomato slices
- over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.
- Remove tart from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional basil. Cut into slices. Serve hot or at
- room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.