Tomato Tart with Three Cheeses Recipe
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional minced fresh basil
- 1. Unfold pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 12-in. square; transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Prick with a fork.
- 2. Combine the mozzarella cheese, provolone cheese and basil; sprinkle over the pastry to within 1 in. of edges. Arrange the tomato slices over the cheese. Season with salt and pepper; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Remove tart from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with additional basil. Cut into slices. Serve hot or at room temperature. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 461 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 575mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Tomato Tart with Three Cheeses
"Very tasty! My son in particular loves this dish. I've played around with the cheeses a lot, depending on what I have on hand--comes out great every time!"
"Very Easy to make. I used a bag of 4 pre shredded Italian cheeses. I put Feta cheese on top rather than Parmesian. YUMMMMY. But --is it an appetizer or a meal??"
"I love to play with this recipe. Sometimes with different cheeses, Sometimes with thinly sliced onion but I always prebake my pie crust to a light toast to prevent a soggy bottom. Be sure to put sliced tomatoes on paper towels to absorb liquids before placing on crust."
"I added some fresh chopped garlic. Delicious!"
"This is absolutely great! I've made it several times and have received the same response every time...this is a keeper!"
"I used regular, homemade pizza dough, not puff pastry, but the rest of the recipe made a fabulous pizza!"
"Tasty, but the puff pastry was a little underdone with this cooking time. Not my favorite, would use a different base next time. Easy though!"
"I have made this recipe several times and everyone loves it. My family often requests it for parties and "just because.""
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.