"This is one of our favorite vegetable dishes and a good way to use summer squash," says Marilyn Newcomer of Sun City, California. "It has such a nice Italian flavor that sometimes I double or triple the dish and serve it to company. It can be fixed ahead and warmed up at dinnertime."
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican cheese blend
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Dash each salt, garlic powder, dried oregano and pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out and discard pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. Place zucchini in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 2-4 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, Monterey Jack cheese, parsley, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper. Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Zucchini in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p39
Reviews for Tomato Stuffed Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review