Tomato-Stuffed Avocados Recipe
Karol Chandler-Ezell of Nacogdoches, Texas begins her meal with the very attractive and tasty Tomato Stuffed Avocados. They are packed with chopped tomatoes, onions and lots of basil flavor.
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, quartered
- 1 teaspoon julienned fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1. In a large bowl, gently toss the tomatoes, onion, basil, salt and pepper. Spoon into avocado halves; drizzle with lime juice. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC