At the height of tomato-growing season, everyone in the family could depend on Mom to make this colorful salad. I can still picture her setting it on the table in a pretty yellow bowl.—Mary Jo Amos, Noel, Missouri
Recommended: 50 Secret Recipes for Classic Diner Foods
- 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and cut into strips
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen peas, parboiled
- 2 tablespoons fresh green chili strips
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- Lettuce leaves
- In a bowl, toss tomato strips, peas, chili strips, lemon juice and cilantro. Cover and chill. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Tomato Strip Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1994, p22
Reviews for Tomato Strip Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review