Tomato Steak Sandwiches Recipe
My husband and I came up with these open-faced sandwiches when we didn't have much in the refrigerator. They've been a favorite ever since, particularly when we need a quick dinner. You can easily double the recipe when company drops by. —Tessa Edwards Provo, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 plain bagels, split
- 6 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 thick slices tomato
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Place bagel halves on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with cream cheese; set aside. In a large skillet cook and stir beef over medium heat, in oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, place beef on bagels. Top with tomato and mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC