Tomato Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 plain bagels, split
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 6 thick slices tomato
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until browned; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread cut sides of bagels with cream cheese. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; spoon beef over bagels. Top with tomato and mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 open-faced sandwich equals 381 calories, 15 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Tomato Steak Sandwiches
"Whenever we go out to eat at a very nice place and I can't finish my steak, I bring it home and freeze it. So when I saw this recipe and hadn't figured out dinner yet, I realized I had all the ingredients including pieces of meat from the best restaurants in town! We all really liked it including my daughter who said, "Brilliant way to use a bagel!""