Tomato Steak Sandwiches Recipe
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 plain bagels, split
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 6 thick slices tomato
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until browned; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread cut sides of bagels with cream cheese. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; spoon beef over bagels. Top with tomato and mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
1 open-faced sandwich: 381 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein
Reviews for Tomato Steak Sandwiches
"Whenever we go out to eat at a very nice place and I can't finish my steak, I bring it home and freeze it. So when I saw this recipe and hadn't figured out dinner yet, I realized I had all the ingredients including pieces of meat from the best restaurants in town! We all really liked it including my daughter who said, "Brilliant way to use a bagel!""