My husband and I came up with these open-faced sandwiches when we didn't have much in the refrigerator. They've been a favorite ever since, particularly when we need a quick dinner. You can easily double the recipe when company drops by. —Tessa Edwards Provo, Utah
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 3 plain bagels, split
- 1/3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 6 thick slices tomato
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add beef; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until browned; drain. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spread cut sides of bagels with cream cheese. Transfer to an ungreased baking sheet; spoon beef over bagels. Top with tomato and mozzarella cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Steak Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p37
Reviews for Tomato Steak Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review