I was looking for quick weeknight meals that would use the fresh herbs from my windowsill garden when I decided to create this seasonal flatbread pizza. To my surprise, I discovered it also made a fabulous appetizer.
Featured In: 15 Ways to Make Pizza on the Grill
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces each) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 large yellow summer squash, sliced
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 4 teaspoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh basil, oregano and chives
- Roll dough into a 14-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Transfer to a greased baking sheet. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Brush crust with oil. Top with mozzarella cheese, squash, tomato, Parmesan cheese, pepper and herbs. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 24 pieces.
Originally published as Tomato-Squash Appetizer Pizza in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p229
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Tomato-Squash Appetizer Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review