- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and basil in a serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Spiral Toss
Sort By :
"I love the meld of flavors in this recipe; however, I wanted to make it bolder with some meat and use it as a main dish. I tried chunks of roasted chicken. Perfect!"
"The flavor combinations of the tomato, basil, and garlic work well together. I thought the dressing was a little lacking in flavor, however. Next time I would definitely use closer to 1/4 cup of canola oil, as I thought 1/2 cup was too much. Also, I added some Zesty Italian dressing to spice up the salad a little."
"Very good flavors. Would be good hot or cold. Add chicken for a chicken pasta salad."
"I LOVE this recipe and have made it lots of times! The only things I do different is to let all the ingredients (except the pasta) sit together for a while to help blend the flavors and I add some cooked chicken sometimes. YUM!"
"P.S. It's much better with fresh basil!"