- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 2-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine tomatoes and basil in a serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture. Drizzle with oil mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Tomato Spiral Toss
"I love the meld of flavors in this recipe; however, I wanted to make it bolder with some meat and use it as a main dish. I tried chunks of roasted chicken. Perfect!"
"The flavor combinations of the tomato, basil, and garlic work well together. I thought the dressing was a little lacking in flavor, however. Next time I would definitely use closer to 1/4 cup of canola oil, as I thought 1/2 cup was too much. Also, I added some Zesty Italian dressing to spice up the salad a little."
"I LOVE this recipe and have made it lots of times! The only things I do different is to let all the ingredients (except the pasta) sit together for a while to help blend the flavors and I add some cooked chicken sometimes. YUM!"
"P.S. It's much better with fresh basil!"
"Found this recipe several years ago and it is a family favorite especially in the summer when Jersey tomatoes are at their best. Anytime ive severed this to company, they've asked for the recipe."
"I made this recipe for a party at work, everyone enjoyed and several people asked me for the recipe. I would definitely make this salad again."
"It turns out to be room temperature because the tomatoes are cool and the pasta is hot. We like how it tastes and feels. It is also good chilled."
"Is this recipe served cold?"