Tomatoes add a tasty twist to a traditional spinach spread. The red and green colors make this an appropriate appetizer for Christmas. —Connie Buzzard, Colony Kansas
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Stir in the spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, tomatoes, cream, onion and garlic salt. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Serve with crackers. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Spinach Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p32
Reviews for Tomato Spinach Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review