Tomato Spinach Spirals Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare spinach according to package directions. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add the spinach, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of Romano cheese, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 215 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.