Tomato Spinach Spirals
A great side dish or meatless main course, this pasta pleaser comes together in a snap. "It is tasty, quick and easy," says Janet Montano of Temecula, California. And at just 69¢ a serving, it's affordable as well.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare
- spinach according to package directions. Drain pasta; place in a
- large bowl. Add the spinach, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of Romano
- cheese, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and salt; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 215 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 611 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now