Tomato Spinach Spirals Recipe
A great side dish or meatless main course, this pasta pleaser comes together in a snap. "It is tasty, quick and easy," says Janet Montano of Temecula, California. And at just 69¢ a serving, it's affordable as well.
- 1 package (8 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 tablespoons grated Romano cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, prepare spinach according to package directions. Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add the spinach, tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of Romano cheese, 2 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese and salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Spinach Spirals in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p22
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Tomato Spinach Spirals(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Budget Dinner Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pasta Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Vegetarian Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >