Tomato Spinach Soup Recipe
- 2 large yellow onions, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 quart water
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups loosely packed spinach leaves
- Grated Parmesan or shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven or soup kettle, saute onions in oil over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Add the next eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Stir in spinach; simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Garnish individual servings with cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Tomato Spinach Soup(3)
Sort By :
This is so yummy! Added some minced garlic and a bay leaf (make sure to remove before adding spinach or you might not find it!). Everything we used was low sodium and we did not add the salt it called for but the garlic added a flavor boost. Very heart healthy recipe!
Absolutely fantastic!!! The first time I made, I used 4 "extra large' bouillon cubes. It has such a deep, rich flavor, but was a bit salty. Made the second time and used regular sized ones, and it was still delicious, just not as 'beefy.' I also added zucchini the second time and it got a bit soft, but was still good. Great recipe! Makes a ton too!
LOVED IT!!! I had 2 cups of mushrooms so used both, otherwise followed exactly. Will be making this again!