Tomato Spinach Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first five ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Top with spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 17-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Yield: 9 servings (18 slices).
2 slice: 330 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 523mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.
Reviews for Tomato Spinach Pizza
"Delicious! Love this during lent when we don't eat meat on Fridays!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.