Tomato Spinach Pizza Recipe
A bread machine saves time when preparing the thick homemade crust for this Italian treat. "My boys happily call it green pizza due to all of the spinach," shares Sharlin Blamires of Coweta, Oklahoma. And because Sharlin leaves out the meat and uses fresh tomatoes instead of canned sauce, her pizza is much lower in salt than most carryout pies.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In bread machine pan, place the first five ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll into a 16-in. x 11-in. rectangle. Transfer to a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Build up edges slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Brush with oil; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Top with spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 375° for 17-22 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Yield: 9 servings (18 slices).
Originally published as Tomato Spinach Pizza in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Tomato Spinach Pizza(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 27, 2012
Delicious! Love this during lent when we don't eat meat on Fridays!
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Pizza Recipes >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >