In 1932, our junior high school cooking class teacher taught us a simple recipe starting with a can of tomato soup. As I was preparing tomato soup for lunch recently, I remembered those two additional ingredients. I had forgotten what a tasty difference the peanut butter and cheese make. -Eleanor Stamen, Whitehall, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and peanut butter. Gradually stir in milk. Add cheese; cook and stir until peanut butter and cheese are melted and soup is heated through. Garnish with additional cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Soup with a Twist in Reminisce March/April 2002, p50
Reviews for Tomato Soup with a Twist
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2010
"Reminded me of the peanut butter cheese crackers that Lance makes. I liked it! Added spinkle of grated pepper and some oyster crackers on top."