Tomato Soup with a Twist Recipe
In 1932, our junior high school cooking class teacher taught us a simple recipe starting with a can of tomato soup. As I was preparing tomato soup for lunch recently, I remembered those two additional ingredients. I had forgotten what a tasty difference the peanut butter and cheese make. -Eleanor Stamen, Whitehall, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 1-1/3 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- Additional cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine soup and peanut butter. Gradually stir in milk. Add cheese; cook and stir until peanut butter and cheese are melted and soup is heated through. Garnish with additional cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Tomato Soup with a Twist in Reminisce March/April 2002, p50
Reviews for Tomato Soup with a Twist
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 10, 2010
"Reminded me of the peanut butter cheese crackers that Lance makes. I liked it! Added spinkle of grated pepper and some oyster crackers on top."