Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine Recipe
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- 3. Add the shrimp, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in basil. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup equals 315 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine
"This dish was an absolute hit at my house. Full of flavor and on the table in no time. Only change I made was to use minced dried basil (its what I had on hand) and I added a bag of spinach I had prepared in the microwave. Will definitely make this again."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.