- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in basil. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato Shrimp Fettuccine
"This dish was an absolute hit at my house. Full of flavor and on the table in no time. Only change I made was to use minced dried basil (its what I had on hand) and I added a bag of spinach I had prepared in the microwave. Will definitely make this again."