I was given this delicious and festive recipe back when my husband was serving in the U.S. Coast Guard. It's been a huge hit at every party I've ever taken it to.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 cup finely chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- In a large saucepan, bring soup to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese; cook and stir until smooth. Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir into soup mixture until dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the shrimp, mayonnaise, celery and onions. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Pour into a 6-cup ring mold coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm, about 4 hours. Unmold onto a serving platter; serve with crackers. Yield: 6 cups.
Originally published as Tomato Shrimp Appetizer in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p33
Reviews for Tomato Shrimp Appetizer
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 13, 2011
"This is a wonderful dip that my mother made at christmas time every year when I was a child. I use small fresh shimp and chop them. This is a nice shrimp dip."