Tomato-Sesame Pasta Toss Recipe
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 to 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta; boil for 4 minutes. Add broccoli, boil 2 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Rinse with cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, onions and cashews; toss.
- 2. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; gently toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 260 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 399 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Tomato-Sesame Pasta Toss
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.