This hearty warm pasta salad features so many flavors and textures, it's amazing they all fit in one bowl! "The sesame oil and soy sauce give it an Asian flair," shares Betty Mitchem of Satsuma, Alabama.
Recommended: 27 Easy Weeknight Shrimp Recipes We Love
- 4 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 14 to 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add pasta; boil for 4 minutes. Add broccoli, boil 2 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Rinse with cold water and drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, onions and cashews; toss.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over pasta mixture; gently toss to coat. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Tomato-Sesame Pasta Toss in Light & Tasty February/March 2002, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Tomato-Sesame Pasta Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review