Tomato Seafood Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen uncooked shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped or 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- In a Dutch oven, saute onion and green pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa, broth, wine and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the shrimp, crab and clams. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Tomato Seafood Soup
Sort By :
I made this for my husband and he really enjoyed it. The only change that I made was an accident. I picked up a can of crab meat instead of clams. So I had imitation crab and canned crab! I did run the salsa and tomatoes through the blender as my son doesn't care for the chunks. The flavor was excellent!
This was very good, and easy and fast to prepare. I doubled the shrimp, didn't have any clams on hand, and added more chicken broth so there'd be enough liquid. I omitted the green pepper too because I don't like it. Turned out great, will make again for sure...
Foster Maw made this tonight, left out the onion (Foster Dad doesn't like'm) and used whole can of broth (didn't have wine). Oh my goodness. Awesome! There is an oyster fest in southern Maryland that Leonardtown Rotary Club claims they have the secret recipie... this is it.
Wonderful soup. Looking forward to making it again!!
I wasn't sure of this based on the ingredients, but it was really really good!