Tomato Seafood Soup Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen uncooked shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 1 package (8 ounces) imitation crabmeat, chopped or 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) minced clams, undrained
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute onion and green pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, salsa, broth, wine and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- 2. Add the shrimp, crab and clams. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 163 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 850 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.